Friday, March 20, 2009

Just a thought......

"Mooooom! Somebody might see!!" The first time Matt said that when I tried to give him a little kiss in a public place, I realized that he WAS growing up. I was also worried that the cuddle stage was almost over - and no one cuddles like Matt! He always enjoyed giving hugs and sitting on laps, was it over? The answer is that sometimes, it is. However, whenever I just need a Matt cuddle, I just have to say "Want to read a book?" and he grabs a book and jumps into my lap.

Need another reason to read to them even though you may be absolutely exhausted? They don't want cuddles forever. Try to set that precedent when they're small. Mike and I always had Matt sit on our laps or cuddled up close beside us when we read to him. I am so thankful we did that every day (and sometimes several times during a day).

Well, I better go. I think I want to read a book and get a cuddle!!

Miss Stacey

2 comments:

~Sandy~ said...

I think reading books to your children is one of the best bonding experiences. Not only is there a mental connection, but a physical one as well! I like Matthew's pick of the month...great idea!

I follow you on Twitter now too :o) Check out my blog...I have some upcoming giveaways for kids clothes and children's music too

Sarah said...

That's so sweet! Aunt Sarah needs a Matt cuddle too.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com