Saturday, June 6, 2009

Matt's Pick: Llama Llama Red Pajama


This was a book I stumbled across by accident and had to buy it. We were going through a period where almost every night Matt was having a "hissy fit" about going to bed. This book is about that topic as well as a child's fear about being alone. Matt really enjoyed it and we were able to use it to talk about Llama Llama's bad behavior. It really helped Matt see how wrong his own behavior was. The best part was that Matt enjoyed it (and still does)!

The book has a lyrical quality to it and because of that it was an easy book for Matt to memorize. It is also a fun book to read! I enjoy speeding up the reading to match Mama Llama's mad dash and using my voice to show how each character is feeling!

Matt really enjoys this book at bedtime. So find a copy of this and cuddle up!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a cute one!!!

Real Life Sarah said...

Oh, that sounds really great! I'll have to look for this for my 6 year old.

Wendy at Babies Gotta Have It said...

I absolutely love this book! We got it as a baby gift and my baby has loved it too. Also check out "Llama Llama Mad at Mama." Not quite as good as the original but still charming and fun!

Miss Stacey said...

I agree that "Llama Llama Mad at Mama" is not as good. Matt didn't seem to like it as much either. However, having said that, if your child enjoys "Red Pajama" they would still enjoy "Mad at Mama" (just maybe not as much).

 
Template by suckmylolly.com